• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Evers

[SlimDX] and VS 2010 Beta 2

This topic is 3322 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi Just wanted to hear if anybody else have tried to use SlimDX in a .Net 4 app in Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2? We used Beta 1 before where everything worked fine, but after we updated to Beta 2 we get an XamlParseException when we try to initialize the Direct3D image. In the details I get Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information. Havent been able to get around it yet. Any ideas would be much welcome. Thanks

Advertisement
I saw the same issue myself. I suppose we need to rebuild SlimDX using VS 2010 in order for it to be usable from .NET 4.0 apps. I'm not going to worry about any of it until VS 2010 comes out of beta.

I imagine you could use it by supplying that "additional information" it wants -- I'm guessing there are some properties you'd need to set in your manifest or app.config. I'm not aware of what those might be yet, though.

I've been using SlimDX in beta 2 for a few days now. VizOne is right about supportedRuntime. Specifically, you can add a .config file for your app as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0"/>
</startup>
</configuration>

After dropping this in it started working as normal.

Thanks

Have just tried it, but doesnt seem to work for me..

I have a solution with several assemblies. One is the App itself and another is a usercontrol using SlimDX.
Have tried adding a .config file in both but with no luck.

Will try some more today

Got it to work. Perfect!

Thanks alot everyone.

(just readded the config file.. somehow the app didnt really want to load it the first time)

Quote:
Original post by JPatrick
I've been using SlimDX in beta 2 for a few days now. VizOne is right about supportedRuntime. Specifically, you can add a .config file for your app as follows:
*** Source Snippet Removed ***

After dropping this in it started working as normal.

Good to know. Thanks alot! Yet still, having a native .Net 4.0 version of SlimDX some time after VS2010 got released seems preferable to me. Or does .Net2 and .Net4 interop come without any mentionable cost?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!