• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
TheKnarf

Need programmers, the new rss/atom idea

This topic is 3156 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey I have an programming idea and I need a team to make it, its going to be open source and the idea is this: A new way to "surf" the web and make "abonoments" on webpages, a new way to distribute and share data. The idea is to make some sort of application where you make abonoments on different channels, the channels could be found ether in an database hosted on a server, or at a webpage (like an rss button). When you abonomate at it you get everything he adds to it, which could be articles or files. There should be some premade catergories he could put them in (like articles, tutorials, blogg) and he could make his own (and undercategories). The app should support some files, like pdf, txt, doc/odf, mp3, pictures (bmp, jpg, gif, png), but it should still be possible to add files the app doesn't support, you just would have to download them to your computer and then start it with your normal app. The app should work like some sort of p2p app, you get an updated rss/atom-like xml-file with new stuff, and with peoples abonomating to this, and then you connect to them and you all download the documents at the same time and share them with each other (like the torrent p2p apps). This way it would go faster than normal webbrowsers, and you would have an new way to quickly get what you want from those webpages you usually visit. Also there should be some built in functions for quickly post comments on articles, make forums and discussions, polls and things like that. Are there anyone who want to be on a team and develop this? I think it have to be made in C++, but if we quickly make some sort of plugginn system then we could make pluggins in other languages (C, C#, Visual Basic, Java, Python, ...). If you are interested, or have comments/ideas to this prosject, pleas leave a message or send a mail to p2papp_thenewway@drop.io What do this have to do with games? Imagine that you open the consoll in a game, write in a command, you get up a pannel where you could check trou a few diffrent "feeds" an click download on those of them you want. And seconds later the app have download and innstalled the new updates/maps/addons to your game. This can be used for so much as long as we make some plugins for different game egines.

Advertisement

This topic is 3156 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.