• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
robertosaget

New to xna and i have some questions about design

This topic is 3155 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greetings, I have made several basic xna games(Pong, Break out, and a really simple platformer. If you remember my older posts i have done the same in java. So far i like using C# and Xna more so i am trying that) and i have a couple questions about design and implementation to improve my basic projects as well as to help future projects. The first question i have is about scaling. I plan to develop my basic games for the pc and I a wanted to know about how things scale with different screens. Many tutorials i see do not take this into account. Is this because(keep in mind I am new to this) xna scales the sprites for you so it will look the same on a 22 inch screen as well as a 10 inch screen but shrunk down? Or do you manually scale the sprites to fit the different screen size. The next question i have is about design. When i made my pong and breakout game I noticed my code was not very elegant as well as most of it existing in the game1.cs file. I understand the concept of OOP and its implementations but i wanted some tips to making my code Object oriented. Should I break down each idea into a class(So i would have a sprite class and then character inherits from sprite and so does enemy). Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!