OpenGL or DirectX

Started by
6 comments, last by jackolantern1 14 years, 5 months ago
Hi Im porgramming in .NET win appliactions and web with c# language I have a work with turbo c when I was in colledge I want to know which one is better for learning? OpenGL or DirectX and another question is should I again start learning c++ too or c# is enough
Advertisement
Try XNA, which uses DirectX. It uses C# and is a very good starting point for learning, with lots of available resources and tutorials.
ok
but one question
is xna just for xbox or we can make games for pc too
does it have the power of directx and opengl or not?
what about the speed of programes and memory using?
Quote:Original post by hamed_gibago
ok
but one question
is xna just for xbox or we can make games for pc too
does it have the power of directx and opengl or not?
what about the speed of programes and memory using?

XNA can be used to make games for both XBox 360 (with a Creators Club membership) or for Windows (which, I think, doesn't require the membership).

XNA uses DirectX, and it does not need any OpenGL. OpenGL is just an open-source framework for graphics rendering, and DirectX (and XNA in turn) cover that themselves. I think XNA performs just fine as far as speed and memory usage.

(1) You only need the Creator's Club membership to publish to the 360.
(2) OpenGL isn't open-source.
so everyone confirm that xna have good speed and uses memry well
so i want to start it
please do me a favour
i can search and find xna tutorials
but i want to hear from u my fear friend which r the best articles that u preffer and need some ebooks
do u have ebook too?
will u share those book with me?
Since most ebooks cost money, no, we don't have them. There are plenty of good XNA books you can buy; check Amazon.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Quote:Original post by jpetrie
(1) You only need the Creator's Club membership to publish to the 360.
(2) OpenGL isn't open-source.

Sorry, I meant standard specification. The "Open" part of the name always makes me think open-source.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement