• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
CPlusNoob

New to the art of coding.

This topic is 3218 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I am interested in learning c++. I have heard mostly, that is the first language I should learn. I was wondering if anyone would like to help me learn it. I am a visual and hearing type of learner. I am hopefully going to NC state to learn it but a head start would help. Add me on msn or yahoo for anyone that would like to help me. MSN:mytlayz@live.com Yahoo:mytlayz@yahoo.com It would be most appreciated. Thank You

Advertisement
As much as I'm generally not a big fan of the "Teach yourself something complex in a ridiculously short period of time" books, I actually did learn C++ from this book: Teach Yourself C++ In 21 Days. That link goes to an online edition of the book that might be a good starting place.

I didn't really "get" C until I'd learned PHP. A lot of people do suggest learning something close in syntax (like PHP or Python), but somewhat simpler just to introduce you to it. So if you find yourself struggling learning straight C, maybe give that approach a try.

Quote:
Original post by BeanDog
As much as I'm generally not a big fan of the "Teach yourself something complex in a ridiculously short period of time" books, I actually did learn C++ from this book: Teach Yourself C++ In 21 Days. That link goes to an online edition of the book that might be a good starting place.

This book now has an updated version, Teach Yourself C++ in One Hour a Day. I have read through most of the older version, and all of the newer one and I like the newer version much better. A lot of it has been restructured for clarity. And while it is a superficial point, they have now removed the "ridiculously short period of time" from the titles lol. I think all of the "21 Day" books are now going to be "an hour a day".

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!