CPU does not meet minimum requirements?!

Started by
3 comments, last by EnlightenedOne 14 years, 5 months ago
Direct3D9: (WARN) :Athlon32Compiler: CPU does not meet minimum requirements. I am getting this error for the first time a week into resolving issues with my program in the output from the direct X debugger. Why is this happening just now can anyone elaborate on what it means I could not find anything on the web doing a quick search. Visual Stuio 08.
Advertisement
I would say it means pretty much exactly what it says: there are minimum requirements for the CPU for that version of DirectX to work, and your CPU doesn't meet those requirements.
Quote:Original post by Zahlman
I would say it means pretty much exactly what it says: there are minimum requirements for the CPU for that version of DirectX to work, and your CPU doesn't meet those requirements.

What is kind of confusing is that he says it has worked before.

@OP:

Have you installed any OS updates or installed any games that may have updated your version of DirectX?
Sorry for not taking the satire of defining the obvious too well, but it hardly sheds light on the impact of this newly sprung statement to define the little information it is telling me.

Does it mean I can't compile the code into a completely normal form?, or is it just a matter of running it properly? I have been having minor graphical glitch issues since I installed windows 7 when developing my own program, perhaps this is the reason for afew of my issues. How can the minimum requirement suddenly become identified a week into heavy programming in DX9 on this machine its a duo core 1.6Ghz laptop.

Direct X is working like a charm on everything else but what im compiling and even then its only causing problems on infrequent occasions when I am experimenting with losing the device at certain fullscreen resolutions so I assume these faults lay hidden in my code not in the capabilities of my laptop which have until this point never come into question, its a rather abrupt time to say the hardwares inept. I have not had any updates today and no conditions have changed I am in the same position I have been for around a week still trying to resolve just one issue about my code. I have no idea what limitations this is meant to suggest.
I just fixed a bug i've been working on for an entire week nothing is wrong with my code other than it saying my core is inept.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement