• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
JamesCobras

Neural Networks

This topic is 3120 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi guys, i have been doing some research into neural networks, and i'm not quite sure how to set one up. Anyone know where i can find the basics and a bit of code? jamescobras

Advertisement
I would have thought a simple 2-in, 1-out perceptron would be even simpler still. You can implement one of those in about 20 lines of C.
- 2 arrays, one for input values and one for weights, representing the input layer.
- A routine that calculates the output by multiplying all inputs by weights and adding them up.
- A threshold routine that takes the previous output and generates a 1 or a 0 based on the value.
- a perceptron learning routine to adjust the weights a certain amount when the output is wrong, based on the training data
- a few lines of glue code to set up the initial values and then call these things in the right order for a given problem (eg. simulating an AND or OR gate)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!