• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
_Camus_

Alpha Gradient

This topic is 3132 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi again, the last week i came here presenting this problem with alpha Blending: using this mask: I was reading a lot, about drawing order and stuff like that, but, in this case with cross positioned planes how i suppose to know witch one draw first!!. Then i found a different technique using alpha test to discard alpha values, render opaque pixels, and then render only alpha ones disabling the Z Writing: Obviously that work, but this solution doesn't work for all cases, what happen if i have an alpha gradient like this: The technique only compare pixels below my reference, if i am right, only part of the gradient will be ok: That's what I expected, and that's a problem, if i want to use this mask: The problem becomes bigger: I tried disabling Z buffer, this should work but again the drawing order, with cross positioned planes always some face will look bad, Some Ideas?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!