• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Lesan

[UFEC] Voting for element sets

This topic is 3215 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The "winner" element set is Evolution-Proliferation-Warer-Fire. The following results are taken from the web now, a week after the end of the voting period but I don't think any significant changes have been made during this time. So here they are: (votes averaged and truncated) 3.385(Protector - Religion - Time - Fortress) 3.385(Evolution - Proliferation - Water - Fire) 3.250(Time Constraint - City - Isolation - Communication) 3.250(Dying earth - Travel - Magic - Love) 3.231(Chain Reaction - Force - Light/Darkness - Current (of air, water, ...)) 3.154(Ocean Floor - Meteor - Shadow - Force-balance) 3.154(Force - Electricity - Chain Reaction - Nature) 3.143(Eclipse - Time - Ice - Protector) 3.091(Forest - Rain - Accident - Balance) 3.077(Heat - Delusions - Imagination - Silence) 3.071(Epidemic - Electricity - Fortress - Heat) 3.000(Survival - Alchemy - Puzzle - Food) 3.000(Chain Reaction - Force - Light/Darkness - Sound) 2.929(Superstition - Distress Signal - Fire - Force) 2.818(Maze - Physics - Winter - Panic) 2.769(Comedy - Tragedy - Puzzle - Action) 2.750(Despair - Horizon - Flame - Clouds) 2.727(Water - Fire - Earth - Ice) 2.727(Water - Fire - Earth - Air) 2.727(Primitive - Plague - Plants - Competition) 2.714(Full Moon - Electricity - Fortress - High temperature) 2.692(Faith - Prophecy - Love - Anger) 2.692(Alternate Worlds - Light - Tug-of-War - Agreement) 2.545(Water - Fire - Metal - Ice) 2.500(Perpetual Motion - Rodents - Meteor - City) 2.462(Avalanche - Power - Vessel - Beast) 2.167(Writing - Science - Transformation - Prismatic Light) 2.154(Waterfall - Portal - Prismatic light - Unhappy end) EDIT: I noticed the Warer instead of Water in the first line but I like the word Warer so I keep it this way. :D EDIT2: The statement above is a joke. Warer is not one of the elements. Water is. It's just that a I like the word warer. And it even has sense (see Aiueseage's post) You can discuss it here. [Edited by - Lesan on October 30, 2009 3:41:52 PM]

Advertisement
Great!

Evolution and proliferation are nice elements, as an AI student I hope to be able to come up with some nifty game mechanics that use these elements. Water and fire are not my favorite elements, but they are easily incorporated I think (on the other hand: they are not that easy to render realistically).

They aren't exactly my favourite elements,but I think they will make it just fine.
Besides,I think the contest will be even more intresting this way,because I didn't expected this set.

Good luck with the designing stage!

Do you mean Warer or water.
Edit: Okay it is Warer.
–adjective
Warer
1. watchful, wary, or cautious.
2. aware; conscious.
–verb (used with object)
3. to beware of (usually used in the imperative).
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Warer

proliferation
pro⋅lif⋅er⋅a⋅tion
  /prəˌlɪfəˈreɪʃən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [pruh-lif-uh-rey-shuhn] Show IPA
Use Proliferation in a Sentence
See web results for Proliferation
See images of Proliferation
–noun
1. the growth or production of cells by multiplication of parts.
2. a rapid and often excessive spread or increase: nuclear proliferation.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Proliferation

###
I am going to evolve my firefighter skills, ensuring to be "cautious" as there is fire "spreading everywhere".

Quote:
Original post by swiftcoder
Quote:
Original post by Aiursrage
Do you mean Warer or water.
Edit: Okay it is Warer.
Nope, it is Water: http://ufec.zymichost.com/elements.php.

A good mix of elements, I think - some ideas already floating around in my head.

Okay good catch. When the statement below I thought he was serious, so its good to clear it up.
Quote:

EDIT: I noticed the Warer instead of Water in the first line but I like the word Warer so I keep it this way. :D

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!