• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
uncool

IDXGIKeyedMutex AcquireSync mis-behaving

This topic is 3217 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

DXGI 1.1, D3D11 (feature level 10_0), D2D + DirectWrite (using D10_1 feature level 10_0). All under SlimDX, modified a bit to make it DXGI 1.1 needed for the keyed mutex. Creating a texture in D3D11, shared resource/render target.. keyedmutex flag. Direct2D rendertarget from DXGI surface picks up texture dimensions ok, thus is sharing ok. I can query the two IDXGIKeyedMutex's, AcquireSync, release, etc. Now, have commented out all the D2D/DirectWrite code so just the D3D11 device and keyed mutex... As soon as I do some render code AcquireSync(0, INFINITE) returns -2147024809 / _com_error to debug output. Example: TestKey(); TestKey(); _device.ImmediateContext.OutputMerger.SetTargets(_depthBuffer.DepthView, _renderTarget); TestKey(); these targets are not shared surfaces at all. To get the post OMSetTargets TestKey() to get an S_OK from AcquireSync..., I need to remove the RenderTarget flag on the shared texture. Any idea what is going on here? Results are the same if I uncomment the D2D/DW code... infact the D2D mutex is not failing where the D3D one is. IDXGIKeyedMutex *mutex; IUnknown *r = reinterpret_cast<IUnknown*>(resource->ComPointer.ToPointer()); if (r->QueryInterface(__uuidof(IDXGIKeyedMutex), (void**)&mutex) != S_OK) throw gcnew Exception("Error obtaining IDXGIKeyedMutex"); return gcnew KeyedMutex(mutex);

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!