Dev C++ [Linker error]

Started by
3 comments, last by JamesEB 14 years, 5 months ago
#include <iostream> using namespace std; int Main() { int num1; int num2; int num3; int num4; int average; num1 = 125; num2 = 28; num3 = -25; num4 = 10; average = (num1 + num2 + num3 + num4) / 4; cout << "num1 = " << num1 << endl; cout << "num2 = " << num2 << endl; cout << "num3 = " << num3 << endl; cout << "num4 = " << num4 << endl; cout << "average = " << average << endl; system("pause"); return 0; } ________________________________________________________________________________ Theres my code when i compile it says [Linker error] undefined reference to WinMain@16 id returned 1 exit status. how can i fix this. just so you all know this is for a class debug project but iv been starin at this code for like 4 hours and cant figure out whats goin on with it.
Advertisement
The project is set to be linked to a Windows application, whose entry point looks something like "int WINAPI WinMain( HINSTANCE, HINSTANCE, LPSTR, int )"; you'll need to change the project setting to link to a "Windows console application". You also shouldn't use Dev-C++, and use something better such as Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Express or Codeblocks instead.

(Also, main shouldn't be capitalized.)
not sure how to do that i have only been working with Devc++ for a few weeks could it have something to do with being saved on my flash drive? The class instructor wants us to use the DevC++ otherwise i would it sounds like there much better
Maybe. Did you ask the almighty oracle?
WOW Thanx a ton _Fastcall its upsetting to realize that my problem was Main was capitalized XD i feel like something worse than a noob right now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement