• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
dead1ock

Asking for library of the same name as the executable

This topic is 3129 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have this odd error when I try to include Boost.Serialization into my project. It is trying to link a library of the same name of my executable project (which doesn't exist). I have a public header which contains an interface "IEventData" that is used to create concrete events for my EventManager. I decided to add event serialization through Boost.Serialization so I could serialize incoming and outgoing network messages with ease and try to remove the seam between the networking programming and my game logic. This header is apart of a separate framework library (which is linking to Boost.Serialization correctly). However, when I include this class into my unit-testing suite and try to implement a concrete derivative, it complains about trying to find a library that is the same name of my executable. Boost.Serialization is still being linked to the executable correctly, so im not sure why its complaining at all. Here is that public header file:
// BOOST INCLUDE
//
#include <boost/archive/binary_iarchive.hpp>
#include <boost/archive/binary_oarchive.hpp>

class OG_API IEventData
{
public:
	IEventData() { }
	IEventData( std::istream &in ) { }
	virtual ~IEventData() { }

// OPERATIONS
	//
	template<class Archive> void Serialize( Archive& archv ) { SerializeImpl( archv ); }
	virtual bool Validate( void ) { return true; }

// ACCESS
	//
	virtual const EventType& GetEventType( void ) const = 0;
	virtual float GetTimeStamp() const = 0;

protected:

virtual void SerializeImpl( boost::archive::binary_iarchive archv ) { };
	virtual void SerializeImpl( boost::archive::binary_oarchive archv ) { };

};

typedef boost::shared_ptr<IEventData> IEventDataPtr;

#endif

and this is the error im getting through my executable project,
Error	8	fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '<censored>\build\win32-unittesting\tests\Debug\framework_core_tests.lib'	framework_core_tests	framework_core_tests

Any help would be appreciated, Ive never encountered anything this odd before. Update: Ok, so it seems to have nothing to do with that header, but whenever I use boost::archive::* in my unit-test suite. [Edited by - dead1ock on October 30, 2009 11:07:03 PM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!