• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
S_Blade

C++ Weekend Programming Classes in London ?

This topic is 3214 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everybody! I am new here and I am definetly want to work as a game developer in future. I would like to be a programmer not graphic designer or game tester. However right now I am studying computing level 1 which is not related to Game Development. You know everybody got their own way of studying and actually learning something. Well I would like to learn C++ but the books are not the best way for me to learn it because they are quite boring and they are killimg my enthusiasm. ( I think you know what I am talking about). Can somebody recommend me a C++ weekend programming classes for beginners in London ? Because I think this is the best way to learn (at least for me) and it'll be better when there is a someone with experience who can help me when I stuck. Thanks you!

Advertisement
Hello!

Sorry, I don't know any classes in London. But maybe it's C++ that's boring and kills your enthusiasm. For me, that's the case. If C++ it the only language you have tried, I recommend you check out Python. You will probably, if you are anything like me, find it much less boring.

Hello guys!

@tufflax so far I've tried "python, java, php, c++" and I really like all of those languages but I feel more comfortable with knowing c++.

@jackolantern1 this is an opportunity as well but.. if you look at it in this way:

Me walking up everyday at 6:00am and going to college untill 5:00pm and after that having a evening class I think I'll be so tired that I won't even remmember my name on those classes. That's why I am searching for something in the weekend.

If you're in college, are you not in a computer science / computer engineering program?

You don't need to learn "game programming" to write games. Being a competent programmer will make you able to write any kind of software. Games are just software.

RDragon: What you call college, we call university in the UK. College is the stage before university.

S_Blade: How about you try making simple games using the C++ knowledge you already have? If making games is what you want to do, then you could motivate yourself by making games. For example a guess the number game, or a text RPG. You can build on the game as you learn more C++.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!