[web] Help with a Flash Game error

Started by
0 comments, last by JTippetts 14 years, 5 months ago
First, these game aren't made by me, I just play them. OK, so this is my situation: I play games on a site, where when I get a big score I earn a trophy. Some of them are really hard so I download the SWF and play it from my HDD. When it happens that I have a big score I want to send it, but I can't. I need to type my name at submit score section, but I can't type "0". I uploaded a SWF file. It's not hacked or something like this. When I want to send my score I can't type the "0". So can you please help me with that? Can you fix the "0" thing? Here it is: http://rapidshare.com/files/300819456/manole.swf.html
Advertisement
Most Flash applications enforce the so-called "sandbox" restrictions built into Flash itself. That means that if you load and play a local copy (stored on your hard drive) of a Flash application, it won't have the proper permissions to access the database on the web-page for updating the high scores list, nor will it have the information needed to even get to the webpage database since it knows only that it lives locally on your own hard drive. If you want your actions to affect the high score list, you have to play the game from the hosted Flash object as it was meant to be played, and not from a local copy.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement