C++ I salute you!

Started by
17 comments, last by kingy 22 years, 9 months ago
lol masochistic programmers use vi... not too bad for short perl scripts but quite hideous and unnatural for anything C/C++ish.

If they made VC++ for Unix/X Windows a whole lot of people would use them because there is not a comparable equivalent... All IDEs I have tried on *nix are very unfriendly... So I''m sure even plenty of Microsoft-bashers would use it in secrecy...

VB is another story... Though I''m sure there would still be plenty of poor misguided souls...

Seeya
Krippy
Advertisement
All languages have a reason, and serve their own purpose, however humble. Your choice of language is not important. But don''t program in cobol if you can avoid it.
C++ is the best... GCC (MingW) is free, and great!!! http://www.bloodshed.net for Dev-C++ Free IDE and compiler for Windows its great, and its freeeeeeeee!
cya
VC++ is a indeed a great IDE.
quote:Original post by Krippy2k
If they made VC++ for Unix/X Windows a whole lot of people would use them because there is not a comparable equivalent... All IDEs I have tried on *nix are very unfriendly... So I''m sure even plenty of Microsoft-bashers would use it in secrecy...

First of all, I don''t think you really know *nix at all if you can''t find kdev which is an exact copy of the VC++ editor. If that isn''t good enough, there''s another one named: Anjuta which is also a copy of VC++''s editor..

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek
Headhunter Soft
A division of DLC Multimedia

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer
[Cyberdrek | ]
Im programmaing c++ for years (socket/networkprogramming) and i have two things to say:

-if c++ was a girl i had sex with it every day (mental)
-they say networkprogramming is hard but i think that making games is the most difficult job there is. (esp. AI stuff)

keep up the good work with this DAMN good site.
quote:
Real programmers use VI!

hehe. I spent a lot of time using vi (well, vim anyway, at least it has syntax highlighting) at work. I''d then go home and write code in MSVC but it wouldnt compile because of all the A ,O ,i ,I and :wq ''s i''d put in by mistake...
quote:Original post by Krippy2k
lol masochistic programmers use vi... not too bad for short perl scripts but quite hideous and unnatural for anything C/C++ish.

If they made VC++ for Unix/X Windows a whole lot of people would use them because there is not a comparable equivalent... All IDEs I have tried on *nix are very unfriendly... So I'm sure even plenty of Microsoft-bashers would use it in secrecy...

VB is another story... Though I'm sure there would still be plenty of poor misguided souls...

Seeya
Krippy

Hehe, yeah that's sorta true... I guess I'm a masochist. Well actually I usually use VIM, it has syntax highlighting, and you can do really cool things like find the associated { and }.

Actually Vi was intended for writing C and other such languages...

Cyberdrek also has a point. After all, I doubt that Kernigan and Ritchie created C with windows in mind, surely *nix os's have got a leg up on development tools.

Cheerio,
Aaron

HollowWorks.com

I think that goths get scared when they meet someone who is more depressed than them, and wears plaid...
- A.M.B.

Edited by - mrhollow on July 25, 2001 1:23:01 PM
[quoteand you can do really cool things like find the associated { and }.

You can do that too in VC++. I can''t remember the keys(I use borland for most of my work), you can find them on msdn. BTW, you can also do it in borland.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement