• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Create a new taskbar with Windows theme

This topic is 3030 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm trying to create a new toolbar, and I would want it to look like the taskbar, including the Aero theme if available. My priority is to have it in Win7, but working with XP is a nice to have. For the moment, I've found documentation about SHAppBarMessage, that (as I've understood) manages the windows/icons placement. I guess I managed to reserve the desktop space with this. I then created a simple window (with CreateWindow/Ex) and placed it in the reserved space. I tried several class names (I have to admit I'm not really at ease with this), including REBARCLASSNAME, TOOLBARCLASSNAME and even Shell_TrayWnd (which does not work because the class could'nt be found). But I can't find any way to have the window transparent like the Aero taskbar. If possible I would want it to change with the Windows theme, so any trick with a transparent PNG would'nt be a solution. Any suggestion ? Thanks, K.

Advertisement
Take a look at this

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/directx/umvistad3d.aspx

It should be possible on WinXP too, though not via the above method (but if your priorities are Vista/Win7, then the above method seems nicer to me).

Thanks I'll have a look at this.

Edit: OK no D3D usage, the point is the DwmExtendFrameIntoClientArea function.

[Edited by - Kiristu on November 3, 2009 12:31:35 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement