• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Kiristu

Create a new taskbar with Windows theme

This topic is 3128 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm trying to create a new toolbar, and I would want it to look like the taskbar, including the Aero theme if available. My priority is to have it in Win7, but working with XP is a nice to have. For the moment, I've found documentation about SHAppBarMessage, that (as I've understood) manages the windows/icons placement. I guess I managed to reserve the desktop space with this. I then created a simple window (with CreateWindow/Ex) and placed it in the reserved space. I tried several class names (I have to admit I'm not really at ease with this), including REBARCLASSNAME, TOOLBARCLASSNAME and even Shell_TrayWnd (which does not work because the class could'nt be found). But I can't find any way to have the window transparent like the Aero taskbar. If possible I would want it to change with the Windows theme, so any trick with a transparent PNG would'nt be a solution. Any suggestion ? Thanks, K.

Advertisement
Take a look at this

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/directx/umvistad3d.aspx

It should be possible on WinXP too, though not via the above method (but if your priorities are Vista/Win7, then the above method seems nicer to me).

Thanks I'll have a look at this.

Edit: OK no D3D usage, the point is the DwmExtendFrameIntoClientArea function.

[Edited by - Kiristu on November 3, 2009 12:31:35 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!