• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
emforce

Website layouts tables vs divs

This topic is 3214 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys so I was wondering how I could create a webpage that would automatically increase in size if more text were to be entered to it. I have looked at various methods and tried the css div method in which you have two container classes and you simply have one encapsulated into the other so they both increase in size. But I have only looked briefly at using tables to achieve my means and I was wondering whether it is frowned upon or not to use tables instead of css divs. I see several websites using tables and wondered whether it would be a decent way to create websites. Thanks a lot!

Advertisement
If there's no easy/fast/less-cluttered way to achieve what you need, then use tables.

Otherwise, don't.

Be skeptical towards their use but don't fall in the other extreme too (of never ever using tables. Sometimes they're just fine)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!