• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[Solved] Strange alt-tab order issue

This topic is 3031 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am having a strange issue where my OpenGL application always appears at the end of the alt-tab order, just before the "show window" icon. My understanding is that the alt-tab order displays windows in z-order, with top-most windows going first. However, no matter what I try, my window always appears second-to-last, even when I set it to top-most! (via SetWindowPos with HWND_TOPMOST) Normal focus/activation via the mouse doesn't seem to move the icon. Alt-tabbing twice does not return to my application (as its icon appears on the wrong place). Anyone have any ideas about the cause and what I could try to solve it? This is on Vista x86 / Nvidia but it's also reproducible on XP and Win7 / Ati. Edit: screenshot of the issue (my OpenGL application is the ugly icon just left of the selected one). Edit: for future reference, I managed to solve this issue today. It was caused by (erroneously) setting the CS_IME class style when creating the window class. This might help someone, sometime! :) [Edited by - Fiddler on December 6, 2009 12:16:03 PM]

Advertisement
Minimized windows always go to the bottom of the Z-order, even if you've got them set as HWND_TOPMOST. I don't know that there's anything you can do to change that - do other games and stuff that usually minimized when you Alt-Tab behave differently (I'm at work and can't test myself...)

My window is not minimized. In fact, the style (normal, maximized) doesn't seem to affect the alt-tab order at all - it's always last!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement