• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

VS2005 platforms and configurations

This topic is 3121 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I'm working on a program for Windows 98, Windows XP and Windows Mobile. In VS I have two platforms: Win32 and Windows Mobile 6. I also have two configurations: Debug and Release. In order to build for Windows 98 I need to disable Unicode, so I want to make separate configurations for XP and 98, something like this: Win32 -> Debug, Release, Debug 98, Release 98 Windows Mobile -> Debug, Release But since configurations and platforms seem to be completely independent, I managed to do only this: Win32 -> Debug, Release, Debug 98, Release 98 Windows Mobile -> Debug, Release, Debug 98, Release 98 ...which is obviously riddiculous. Another idea is to make two platforms: Win32 and Win32 98, like this: Win32 -> Debug, Release Win32 98 -> Debug, Release Windows Mobile -> Debug, Release But there's no way to duplicate a platform. I'm stuck. Any ideas how to solve this?

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Zbychs
But there's no way to duplicate a platform.

Build menu -> Configuration Manager -> Active solution platform dropdown -> <New...> ?

EDIT: But you can't assign it to a project, hmm

Quote:
Original post by mattd
EDIT: But you can't assign it to a project, hmm

That's the problem: you can create a dummy platform you can do nothing with, but you can't clone a meaningful platform.
I really need to filter configurations based on platform...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!