• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
giugio

Qt 4.5 vs 2008 and d3dx10

This topic is 3125 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hy. IS possible to use the qt4.5 gui library with vs 2008 vc++ 9 and the dx10? Because i have created a little engine in dx 10 and i would build an editor for mygames. I see that there is an addin for vs , but is a real gui designer for windows? Like the same for unix/linux. Thanks

Advertisement
The problem with visual studio express is there's no support for plugins.

I found this, but it's for visual studio 2005:

http://drkappa.blogspot.com/2009/11/playing-with-qt-part-one-configure-your.html

I guess you could try using -platform win32-msvc2008 it could work.

I'm using Qt 4.53 with DX10/DX11 on Windows 7 x64 with MSVC2008..

It works fine, however be warned that Nokia have removed D3D support from Qt in version 4.6 and beyond. 4.53 is the last version which would allow you to do what you wish.

Quote:
Original post by Freestyler
I'm using Qt 4.53 with DX10/DX11 on Windows 7 x64 with MSVC2008..

It works fine, however be warned that Nokia have removed D3D support from Qt in version 4.6 and beyond. 4.53 is the last version which would allow you to do what you wish.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can understand only the Direct3D paint engine has been removed in version 4.6.

The fact the paint engine isn't Direct3D should not affect the ability to create Direct3D widgets.

I compiled Qt with the same parameters in the link I provided, it's not a Direct3D paint engine but I can still create a Direct3D QWidget.

Am I missing something?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!