• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
giugio

qt ,c++ and vs 2008

This topic is 3276 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have also vs 2005 than vs 2008 pro, but the plugin is invasive? or i can use also the mfc editor for dialogs and mfc resource in general? I see that there are a lot of plugins ,demo ecc...on google you can post me the more clear help on installation of qt in vs 2008? thanks

Advertisement
I have no idea what you mean by "invasive".

The whole point of Qt is that it's cross-platform. If you use Windows specific stuff, you lose that. You might as well just go use XAML or whatever this week's favourite windows GUI system is.

If you're going to use Qt, the single thing I would say to you is that it has a way it wants to do things. If you start trying to bend it to fit another way of working you will spend the rest of your natural life chasing message dispatching through objects or other horridness.

If you "go with the flow", use the Qt resource generator, write generally portable code and don't try anything overly complicated, you'll get a cross-platform app out of the end of it. Yes, including games with OpenGL graphics.

The plugin you need for vs2008 is not the same one as for vs2005 (which may be where you're having trouble). ISTR the 2008 plugin was a pain to find and download on their site, you want Qt-vsintegration-1.4.0.exe -- it's a self extracting exe. 1.2.2 only works with vs2005 IIRC. (It may only be available if you have the commercial licence).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!