• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Iiimage

wierd error, with sdl and gfx

This topic is 3322 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

so i'm trying to use the rotozoomSurface function on SDL_gfx, I'm using dev-c++ as a compiler (i know its not great but thats besides the point) I have sdl_ttf freetype SDL_gfx SDL_image SDL and mingw32 all correctly installed (I used dev packs) here is my linker -lSDL_gfx -lSDL_image -lSDL_ttf -lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL and when i use this I get a wierd error... not from the compiler, just when i start it gives me a wierd error Code: SDL_Surface *roto; roto = rotozoomSurface(plyr,angle,1,0); apply_surface(x,y,w,h,roto,screen); the second line if I comment it out no error... but here is the error message "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click OK to terminate the application." I don't really know whats wrong...

Advertisement
the gfx one is, but I couldn't find the SDL_ttf.ddl I was having troubles with ttf before I found the dev pack...

EDIT:
I heard WORN_KLEJ E may be the cause of that error code... but it doesn't happen anytime i don't have that line there... so I'm not so sure that the worm is my problem.

[Edited by - Iiimage on November 4, 2009 12:44:00 PM]

First thing's first. Get rid of Dev-C++. Now. It hasn't been updated in what, nearly 10 years now? Get a better IDE, like Code::Blocks (it supports devpacks if you really need them).

Now, besides that, SDL_gfx is another one that hasn't been updated in awhile and, frankly, sucks. SGE is a lot better. I'm sure there are other libraries out there but I've had a lot of luck with SGE. GFX has proven to be a giant headache and a maintenance nightmare.

Now, besides all that, I would seriously recommend against using devpacks and just locate the development libraries yourself. Almost all of the official libraries have pre-built binaries for Windows including both GCC object code and Visual Studio object code.

Now, to get to answering your problem directly, that error message almost always means that Microsoft libraries were not installed properly. Typically this is the case with programs that are built with Visual Studio and run on a system that doesn't have the MSVC redistributable package installed. Seeing as you're not using Visual Studio, I can only assume that some component of your program, probably a DLL file, was built with Visual Studio.

You're going to need to either build all of your project dependencies yourself or use Visual Studio (if you don't want to pay for it, get the express edition -- same thing with a few of the professional tools pulled out).

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!