[UFEC] Unofficial screenshots thread

Started by
13 comments, last by ne0_kamen 14 years, 4 months ago
Some good looking shots already!

Personally I have nothing to show yet. I'm still thinking about a game concept, in the meanwhile I'm doing some basic work on my engine which I'm writing from scratch (I know: not the most efficient, but I just like to work on the hardcore stuff ;)). So currently I have a very basic deferred renderer, completely written in OpenGL 3.2 (using only core profile functionality). If I had multisampling running, I would have posted a screenshot, but unfortunately my graphics card driver doesn't fully support sampling in glsl from multisampled textures yet. So it'll have to wait a bit longer, or I have to improve it to look more impressive in other ways ;).
Advertisement
UFEC build 2009.11.10

Screenshot of the world map/tactical map prototype, updated from an experiment I worked on over a year ago.
Since nobody is posting,I will post my worthless screen to (de)motivate the competition a little bit:

All I'm doing here is loading the terrain from a heightmap,generating and averaging the normals, and then lit/texture it.There are no terrain layers yet,but there soon will be.

I will post some information on my entry next week,including more screenshots.
You lucky ones. You focus on eye candy. I'm still stuck with some essential coding. Next feature is implementing trading card game architecture, turns and all stuff, that comes along with it.

Screenshots look great so far. Keep up the good work. "Cycle" will be hard to beat...

to support this thread, here a screeny from Cycle status zeta 5 - codename Thylium

[Edited by - XDigital on November 24, 2009 2:03:18 PM]
Well,to prove that I'm actually working on a game,and not some terrain + lighting system I'm going to post the following :

In this screen I show some AI spawning from a point,and following a predefined path along the heightmap.
The cube trees are also loaded entirely from a level file,and positioned by a tool I made.

This is more or less what I've been doing the whole end of November,up to now.
In addition to this post I will create a thread with information about my entry,containing my shedule and a general overview of the game.

[EDIT]
there you go

[Edited by - ne0_kamen on January 7, 2010 9:53:04 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement