Video game installer.

Started by
4 comments, last by owl 14 years, 5 months ago
Well I remember there was an installer thing in visual studio .net when I was trying out the beta a few years ago. I'm looking for something similar to package my game with, I need to install the latest version of DirectX and PhysX for my game to work properly. Are there any installer things which can compress my files and can run the installers for directx and physx or will I have to write my own installer?
Remember Codeka is my alternate account, just remember that!
Advertisement

Try the Nullsoft (think WinAmp) installer. It's free, open source and fairly easy to use (link provided). Good luck!

Nullsoft Scriptable Install System
http://nsis.sourceforge.net/
Inno Setup is another good choice. It's loaded with features, scriptable, free and open source.
I'd second a vote for Inno Setup. NSIS used to do irritating things to my start menu. [razz]

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

NSIS seems to be superior actually though I think Inno is easier to use. I'll probably use NSIS since I know that everything I need can be done with it.
Remember Codeka is my alternate account, just remember that!
I've found this little program to be very handy when developing NSIS Installers. Give it a try.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement