Another little MSVC++6.0 compiler error...

Started by
4 comments, last by KaMiKaZ04 22 years, 8 months ago
Hi! I need help on a compiler error that seems to make no sense. Whenever i try to compile a program I made (which makes a blank window with a usable menu bar), I always get this error -LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__PlaySoundA@12 ! I know it''s refering to the PlaySound function, that basically plays sounds, which is in the header file mmsystem.h . I think I''m supposed to include winmm.lib too, but im not sure... any suggestions wud b great! thanx, KaMiKaZ
i want chickeni want livermeow mix meow mixplease deliver!
Advertisement
First, that''s NOT a compiler error but a linker error..

Second, why do you ask this here while you can also just TRY IT?

D*mn, you didn''t even had to ask this question because you already knew how to solve this!
(quote: "I think I''m supposed to include winmm.lib")

(no offense, but you should TRY things first, instead of asking it on a forum and waiting a few hours for an answer you already knew..)
yeah i did try it... i tried it a few times but i must have done something like typed it wrong.
i want chickeni want livermeow mix meow mixplease deliver!
where did you type winmm.lib? hopefully this is the only problem.

a2k
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
i don''t no... but i changed the project options to automatically include winmm.lib (i forgot how to manually include .lib flies)
thanx all for help
+<--->+With your feet in the air and your head on the groundTry this trick and spin it, yeahYour head will collapseBut there's nothing in it And you'll ask yourselfWhere is my mind+<--->+
Project -> Settings... -> Link -> Object/library modules: -> type "winmm.lib"

You can also use the following line to include a library:

#pragma comment(lib, "winmm.lib")  

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement