• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Mellkor

C# Xna Game Scene/State Management

This topic is 3269 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, Firstly im new to the forums here, i read a couple of peoples posts and it seems like your all very knowledgeable. Have been working with the XNA framework for a little while, but i would still put myself in the novice category. My question, im looking to implement "Game Scenes" or states into one of my 2d projects, wondering if someone here could offer some code? or advice? just a simple transition from one menu to another would be sweet thankyou,

Advertisement
There's an example for game state management on xna.com:
http://creators.xna.com/samples/gamestatemanagement

Because above example bakes all kinds of very game specific things into its classes (eg. default graphics assets, transition effects between states and more) and because its design makes it hard to isolate the classes for unit testing, I have created my own game state management system for my current game:

Nuclex Framework: Game State Management

But the XNA example certainly gets you running faster if you're not that crazy about academic design exercises like me :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!