Simulation on Windows Form

Started by
5 comments, last by phresnel 14 years, 5 months ago
Hi, I am trying to create a simulation project on windows form application - using Visual Studio 2005 C++. Can someone help me. I want to create as a Windows form application to add button, generate reports and interact with simulation. TQ
Advertisement
What part do you need help with?

Have you checked out this article?

Can you possibly use C# instead, so you can avoid C++/CLI?
Need help starting as I am new to this. Am trying to develop a simulation software which needs user input to run simulation. And trying to find out the suitable development platform to use.

Thank you for the link. Great help!

Which is the easiest for me to use - DirectX, SDL, OpenGL etc?
What kind of simulation? Process simulation can be implemented as a 2D flowchart, while a motion simulation of a machine (or a site with multiple machines) is best as a 3D animation.

I've done a lot of both for my clients. For the former case, I use C# with WPF (Forms before that) and for the latter, C++ and DirectX. In both cases, I tend to use pre-packaged components as much as possible, and only resort to tailor-made code if purchasing it isn't feasible for some reason (too expensive or not available at all).

As for what is the easiest for you, no-one can say better than yourself. Try them out and see. If you don't have experience of these technologies to begin with, you need to gain some before taking on a 3D simulation project.

[Edited by - Nik02 on November 5, 2009 5:48:37 AM]

Niko Suni

I am trying to do a 2D simulation, moving and stopping cars in a traffic simulation.

How do i get started. The tutorial on the net that I found are confusing. Someone can point me to something for beginners? Need basic help.
In my honest opinion, this doesn't sound like a project that a beginner could successfully complete.

You need:
-Good skills and experience in the programming language of your choice
-At least basic skills in the rendering technology of your choice (can draw some objects on screen, and understand the process)
-Advanced skills in the actual simulation logic (has nothing to do with rendering)

Niko Suni

Quote:Original post by mattd
Can you possibly use C# instead, so you can avoid C++/CLI?

He uses C++/CLI not, but clean C++ ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement