tclerror: unrecognized colorname "black"

Started by
1 comment, last by kirkd 14 years, 5 months ago
I have just installed CentOS 5.4 and one of the applications I'm trying to run is PyMol - a molecular visualization tool - and when I start it I get a Python error that terminates with "Tclerror: unknown color name black" This particular application has two windows, a view window and a TCL/TK window that provides menus, and action buttons. The view window shows up but the Tcl/Tk window does not. I have another application that gives a similar error: "tclerror: unknown color name grey90" This application does load and run, but it is a much more complex app that is likely only partially hindered. I haven't found yet how this one fails. It seems to me that I don't have tcl/tk installed, configured, or enabled correctly, but I have no idea how to test this or how to troubleshoot the problems. Any advice is greatly appreciated! -Kirk UPDATE:: I did yum install tcl tcl-devel tk tk-devel and indeed the tcl-devel package was not there. All the others were there and latest version. When I tried $ wish % pack [label .m -bg "grey90" -fg "black" -text "hello" -width 10 -height 3] I got the window but upon executing the pack line, I received an error stating: unknown color name "grey90" I also tried "gray90" and just making it "black" on "black" Each time I received an unknown color name error. We seem to have found the problem - any suggestions on how to fix it?
Advertisement
Those are X11 color names.

Do you have a rgb.txt file on your system, as mentioned in that Wiki article? It should be referred to in your xorg.conf.

If so, does it have entries for "black" and "grey90"?
mattd:

That did the trick! In my xorg.conf file, the parameter RgbPath was set incorrectly. I did a global find to locate the rgb.txt file and set RgbPath appropriately. All is well now.

Thank you!!!

-Kirk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement