Sign in to follow this  
robertosaget

Wanting to start learning the bare basics of UE3

Greetings, I am college student who recently heard the news about UDK. I want to get started right away about learning the basics of it. I have never played with or used a game engine before so i want to know if anyone has any good tutorials for complete beginners on udk or ue3. I have prior knowledge of Object Oriented Programming as well as knowledge of java and C#. Any links? Is 3dbuzz a good resource? Am i ready for 3dbuzz? Or is there another option. Also i know this might sound silly but after i closed out the editor for the first time, i am not sure how to re-open the editor(The 4 boxes and 3d square). Please let me know Thank you for reading

Considering the UDK is only about 8 hours old, I'd say the chances of you finding a tutorial on it is rather slim. :)

You might have a look at Unity instead.

EDIT:

Oops, sorry, just realized you were talking about UE3. Unfortunately I'm not experienced with it. To make this post a little less useless, how about this? I don't know how well UE3 skills translate to UDK though.

3dbuzz will get you started from the ground level, though I personally think that the "Mastering Unreal Technology" books are more useful. They're written by the same people behind 3dbuzz, and cover many of the same topics, so you aren't really missing out if you choose one over the other. I just like hard copy.