Sign in to follow this  
LilithF

Gaming Issue with OGL

I currently play and game online and want to run the chat/gaming client, Xfire. XFire only works in game when the game is ran in the OGL graphics option. I want Xfire to work and to be able to use DX8 to play the game instead of OGL. I know this is a long shot, but I have heard that I can go into my xfire_games file and put in a new "In Game Renderer" command to make XFire run under DX8 instead of OGL. Below you will find a copy of the file and see the "renderer" section. Anyone know the command I would put there to make this work? [5264] LongName=Pirates of the Caribbean Online ShortName=potco LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Disney Pirates of the Caribbean Online\UninstallString LauncherDirTruncAt=uninst.exe ;LauncherExe=Launcher1.exe DetectExe=xpirates.exe ;Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% %UA_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS% %UA_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS% InGameRenderer=OGL InGameFlags=ENABLE_MOUSE|DISABLE_RELEASE|USE_DINPUT1|USE_DINPUT_MOUSE DetectServer=FALSE

A quick search suggests changing:
InGameRenderer=OGL
to:
InGameRenderer=D3D8

However, this forum is for topics related to development with OpenGL, not product support for applications that use OpenGL. You would be better off posting in the support forums for your product.