D3D game source code

Started by
1 comment, last by RealMarkP 14 years, 5 months ago
hi I'm searching for D3D game source codes, how can I find some instances? I'm going to use them as D3D introductory contents in a class, is there any special stuff on the web? thanks
Visit galaxyroad.com which soon will have english contents too
Advertisement
I would advise against this because game source code is often not that well written and will likely be over complex for your students to understand. I suggest finding some tutorials that are well written etc.
Quote:I would advise against this because game source code is often not that well written and will likely be over complex for your students to understand. I suggest finding some tutorials that are well written etc.

Yes. Well, this is true.

However, if you want to poke around some source code, there are many open source and free 3D engines and game SDKs that are (fairly) well written. You can try searching for some (such as OGRE, Irrlicht, XEngine, Crystal Space, etc.). If you want to learn how to use a particular feature, such as a function, you can use krugle.com and koders.com to search for that function and it will search through many open source projects. Once results are found you can see how other people use DirectX.

Looking at code is one of the best ways to learn how to use a particular technology.
------------Anything prior to 9am should be illegal.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement