Sign in to follow this  

Questions about Shaders and Unity

This topic is 2961 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I recently posted these questions inside the Unity3D game engine forum and CGTalk. Some of them were answered and some not. I was wondering if someone with experience in game design, shaders etc and maybe with 3dsmax and unity experience as well could help me. I would also appreciate if anybody could tell me if in another forum topic would be better to post this. Questions: 1. we have a lot of .FX shaders for 3dsmax available online free to download. I would like to know if there is one that will give a good preview in max viewport of what I would se inside unity. 2. How can I know the language that the shader was written. Is there some code in the begginig of the file that shows like HLSL, CGSL or Nvidia CG? 3. When I use an .FX shader inside 3dsmax for viewport visualization the features and information of the shader goes to unity when i export the fbx? 4. Where I can find in the forum a most update tutorial or pdf etc of the process of making lightmaps in 3dsmax. I'm using 3dsmax2009 with the latest fbx plugin from autodesk (2010). Thanks a lot and sorry for the big post.

This topic is 2961 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.