• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G a m e D e v

read me

This topic is 6176 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a game loop where each time it goes through through the loop I use the function PtInRegion(). After 15 seconds, the function stops working.Any ideas why and how to fix it?

Advertisement
Don''t you love debugging? You spent hours on it and in the end you find out a fullstop/semicolon/1 single thing that you would never notice. Christ it gives me a headache.

Hey. I don''t know for sure, but your function may stop responding because of some sort of over-flow or something in one of your variables. This is a pretty common reason for functions that stop working over a period of time, i would think.

I hope that little info helps!
-Shane

Are you using an intel cpu? I seriously heard that it has zero tolerance for functions named PtInRegion() and crashes after - yep you guessed it - 15 seconds.

In all seriousness, i possess probably no ability to solve your problem, but your description is very vague.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!