Elance and web developing

Started by
0 comments, last by Kalnos 14 years, 5 months ago
Hi guys I was wondering how hard it is to get jobs from elance? I am quite young and have created a few websites using HTML and CSS and it usually takes me a few hours to do 1. But I was wondering what the standards are for creating a good website. What would people on places like elance be looking for if I put in a bid for a job? How advanced does the website have to be in order for it to be worth what people are posting. What sort of things are a must in all websites. If you could just give me a little insight I would be delighted! Thanks

Game Development Tutorials - My new site that tries to teach LWJGL 3.0 and OpenGL to anyone willing to learn a little.

Advertisement
Quote:Original post by emforce
Hi guys I was wondering how hard it is to get jobs from elance? I am quite young and have created a few websites using HTML and CSS and it usually takes me a few hours to do 1. But I was wondering what the standards are for creating a good website. What would people on places like elance be looking for if I put in a bid for a job?

How advanced does the website have to be in order for it to be worth what people are posting.

What sort of things are a must in all websites.

If you could just give me a little insight I would be delighted!

Thanks

Hey! I've done some work on Elance and I can say that it's a fine place to do freelance work, although their are alternatives.

In regards to the quality and experience aspect. I'd say that it varies from job to job. What you would need to do is look at their job posting and see if you can meet the needs of their website. Projects on Elance range from a simple webpage to eCommerce. I would also be sure to posts a sample webpage or two that you have personally designed/coded.

Good luck!

EDIT: About the time frame in which they expect it. That's also something that is negotiated with the seller. I'd say for a simple page most of them would want their job done in 3-7 days.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement