• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sigmatikal

Quick Question

This topic is 6181 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

For some reason when i try and render text the text just zooms from the left side of my screen to the right side.. ive tried just about everything to find out whats wrong.. I got rid of translates and such and it does nothing.. The triangle i drew doesn't move but the text does?? im guessing it has something to do with glCallLists.. any ideas? glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION); glPushMatrix(); glLoadIdentity(); glOrtho(0, m_nScreenWidth, 0, m_nScreenHeight,-100,100); glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW); glPushMatrix(); glLoadIdentity(); glTranslated(nXpos,nYpos,0); glBegin(GL_TRIANGLES); glVertex3i( 100,100, 0); glVertex3i( -10,0 , 0); glVertex3i( 200,0 , 0); glEnd(); glColor3f(1.0f,0.0f,0.0f); glPushAttrib(GL_LIST_BIT); glListBase(m_base); glCallLists(strlen(text),GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,text); glPopAttrib(); glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION); glPopMatrix(); glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW); glPopMatrix(); glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST); if (bBlend) glEnable(GL_BLEND); } All the variables are working right. Lemme know if you can help - Sigmatikal Edited by - Sigmatikal on July 23, 2001 8:01:02 PM

Advertisement
Well the triangle should move as well, as long as nxpos and nypos are not 0...

When you call a display list it draws using the vertex positions you gave it wen you created it, so you can translate/rotate the list, how are you creating your display lists?

And change your glOrtho call to have ... -1, 1); you don''t need a big frustum there , that may be causing the problem, I''m not to sure

FatalXC

And I take it you have read the NeHe font tutorials ???

If you haven''t then I probably just wasted my time with the last post

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!