Textures not "stitching" together

Started by
1 comment, last by mightypigeon 14 years, 5 months ago
Hi there, I have a large, single 2d texture that holds all of the 2d textures I need for my OpenGL window. Whenever I run the program at a large than 1x1 aspect ratio (ie, my window is 1680x1050 and the ortho is 640x480), all of the individual textures I draw in sync and next to one another are "blurry" on the edges were they should be stitching together. I'm ok with all of the insides of the individual textures being a bit blurry, but the way it looks right now is that there is a faint little black line (the glClear color) in between all of the individually drawn textures. Does anyone know how to stop this? At 1x1 aspect, everything is pixel perfect and there are no little black gaps. I've tried adding an additional "border" of image information around the boundaries of the glTexCoord2f for each individual piece of the texture, but this does away with the blurring of the edges even when they aren't stitching together, and is especially noticeable when the two images lining up next to one another don't really flow into one another. Anyone have an ideas? Thanks.
Advertisement
I don't understand what you mean with the second part. Do you want to draw an image that is blurred at the edges to the background?
If that is the case, I think you have to make two images, one for blurring and one for not blurring, unless you use another type of blurring than the texture filtering.
Sounds like could be a texture clamping issue. Try turning on GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE
[size="1"]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement