Fmod + Winsock (Voice Chatting, C++)

Started by
1 comment, last by ajm113 14 years, 5 months ago
Hello, I'm working on voice chat and I have a second thread that gets the user voice each milisecond and sends it to the server. What I want to know is how can I get the 'sound' into a variable so I can send it to the server through Winsock for a structure?

while(!quitThread)
{
system->recordStart(0, sound, true);
	Sleep(1);
system->recordStop(0);
channel->stop();

sendPack.code = 0; Letting the server know this is a voice.

//Example of what I am looking for.
sound.GetSoundBuffer(sendPack.buffer); //Get the recorded sound made in a milisecond.

//Winsock send function
send(s, (char const *)&sendPack, (int) sizeof(sendPack), 0);

}

Also if someone can correct me on this source code if I have something that isn't right about the recording let me know, I haven't tested this yet.
Check out my open source code projects/libraries! My Homepage You may learn something.
Advertisement
My advice is to use a library that already exists for games such as teamspeak. This is one wheel that is not worth the time to reinvent. Trust me I know - I manage and build VoIP applications for a living.
Evillive2
Well the point of doing this is not to take short cuts, all I need to know is what function has the 'sound data' of what makes the noise and I can just put it in a variable to pass it through winsock. This should be a simple question, but the way I see it, it looks like a question that the 'all knowing' Fmod creates would only know.
Check out my open source code projects/libraries! My Homepage You may learn something.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement