Sign in to follow this  
rpg gamer 17

It's set up perfect but it lacks a feature

Language: C++ IDE: MSV C++ Using: SDL, SDL image, SDL mixer, SDL ttf I created a 'Surface' Handler. It gathers all the surfaces that needs to be shown and sets them on the screen. The surfaces can be deleted from the list and nothing will get shifted or misplaced. I got this working but I noticed something; I created it without the clipping feature. The surfaces will clip the part that's on the screen and show it but It will not clip sections of the Surface(such as a sprite on a sprite sheet). I don't see how I can have both features. Is there a way to 'clip' a clip? Should I set the section of the image that I need in a new Surface(using get and set pixel)? I really don't want to go back and edit my code. Any motivation on this would be helpful(or painful). Thanks EDIT: I guess it wouldn't really be perfect if it wasn't really perfect. >.< [Edited by - rpg gamer 17 on November 7, 2009 10:17:48 PM]

You mean you're doing screen clipping by yourself? SDL does that for you automatically. It might be a good idea to show a little code.