My textures were broken in 8600gt and 8800gt

Started by
5 comments, last by PureBlackSin 14 years, 5 months ago
Hello, everyone... I have a big problem in my game. please... see this web page. http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10341477 It was not my game but I have same problem. There are 3 computers having 8600gt in my office, and they have occur same problems. After 3~4 hours, it was freeze with 3~5 seconds, and textures were broken. When I tested 8600gt with ATITool by VGA over memory clock, I could see same problem many times. However, it looks that other games don't have same problem in default VGA memory-clock. Therefore, I am thinking my graphics code has problem, but I cant guess it.. I tested my graphics code with D3D-DebugDLL with full warning level, but I couldn't see any error code and warning without PerformanceWarning. Please tell me any information or adviser or method that I can test my graphics card has problem or not. Thank you.. P.S : I tested my graphics card with 3DMArk, and All-Test were succeed... please, forgive my English...
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by EkFlame
Hello, everyone... I have a big problem in my game.
please... see this web page.

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10341477

It was not my game but I have same problem.
There are 3 computers having 8600gt in my office, and they have occur same problems.
After 3~4 hours, it was freeze with 3~5 seconds, and textures were broken.

When I tested 8600gt with ATITool by VGA over memory clock, I could see same problem many times. However, it looks that other games don't have same problem in default VGA memory-clock.

Therefore, I am thinking my graphics code has problem, but I cant guess it..
I tested my graphics code with D3D-DebugDLL with full warning level, but I couldn't see
any error code and warning without PerformanceWarning.

Please tell me any information or adviser or method that I can test my graphics card has problem or not. Thank you..

P.S : I tested my graphics card with 3DMArk, and All-Test were succeed...
please, forgive my English...

We can't help you, you should contact ArenaNet (the developers)

edit: I think I've read this wrong. Did you mean to say you are having this problem with your own code? Or having the problem when playing Guild Wars?
[size="1"]
I'd suggest trying to run your game with PerfHUD. Keep an eye on memory (you might not be releasing things), and you could probably see what happens when the game stutters.
Quote:Original post by ET3D
I'd suggest trying to run your game with PerfHUD. Keep an eye on memory (you might not be releasing things), and you could probably see what happens when the game stutters.

I already tested it with PerfHUD, and I have known there are not any terrible problem
in my code. My game was broken when my VGA has enough video memory.
Therefore, I am always printing available texture memory. I has more than 500mb.

In addition other computer,has other VGA (not 8600gt), don't have any problem more than
1.5 years...

When the textures in my own game are broken, my monitor flicker and freeze for a few second.

I have been crazing...
Try locking your pc (Windows Key + L) and unlocking it again. If you get the same problem (or if your game just hangs completely), it's very likely some textures or other buffers aren't released properly when your game is asked to.

Search for tutorials on what to do if your D3D device is lost and how to prevent any problems with it. (just google "directx device lost")
Quote:Original post by Tree Penguin
Try locking your pc (Windows Key + L) and unlocking it again. If you get the same problem (or if your game just hangs completely), it's very likely some textures or other buffers aren't released properly when your game is asked to.

Search for tutorials on what to do if your D3D device is lost and how to prevent any problems with it. (just google "directx device lost")

Thank you for your advise... but I have been testing ResotreDevice from Lost Device more than 20 times for one day.

Of course include your process. RestoreDevice has been one of my main issue.
Therefore, I don't think that this is that case.

In addition the problem I said occur with no allocate new resource (texture,vertex buffer etc) and no release any resource. When I test this problem, I don't touch anything. I just look
profiler, output-debug-console and changing of texture memory. However, when I meet this
problem, I can't any specified issue in those information.

I have never met this situation in 3D-Programming for 7 years... ah....

P.S : After ResetDeivce by my hand, broken textures are recovery.
Of course, I always check the situation of lostDeivce.

Are you using windows 7 or vista. i have heard about these problems with Windows 7.

Normally a driver problem, update or roll back.

Looks like a buffer over run (weird) issue, increase RAM

Is your RAM being compromised, over heated and broken? RAM to full?

Try reducing the texture settings in the options menu, reduces size and amount of textures used.

the above are a few fixes i have found to deal with thesesort of problems.

PureBlackSin
For Games, Articles and Custom High End Computers, come visit.Myndoko

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement