• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
tonysameh

glLineWidth... does it affect the 2D or 3D width?

This topic is 3179 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I drew a line in XY plan parallel to the X-axis (horizontal line). When increasing the its width with glLineWidth, is it expected to get thicker in the XY plan only or in the XYZ plan? By other words, did it become a 2D rectangle or a 3D cuboid?

Advertisement
Off-hand, it becomes a rectangle. The specs should have the exact details if you wish to know them.

Note that line-width has a strange history: widths > 1.0 were deprecated in OpenGL 3.0, (I think) removed in 3.1 and reintroduced (?) in 3.2.

The line is projected into the screen, and the width parameter specifies the width of the line, in pixels, when rasterized between the start and end point.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!