Sign in to follow this  
dbaumgart

Logo design feedback

dbaumgart    576
I'm posting this here as a favor for someone who would like feedback on their game's logo. He's a good fellow and I'm happy to do so ;) I'd like to know what indie gamers think of this game logo. It would be most helpful to me if you answered the questions BEFORE looking at other peoples' answers: 1) What does the logo say? 2) How fast were you able to read it?

sunandshadow    7426
Can't read the 2nd letter, sorry - my first guess was that it was the symbol for female/venus, then my second guess was an o with a bar across the top, then perhaps an o with a bar superimposed on a t... But I'm really not sure.

Halifax2    295
The design looks alright to me, a little to circular though I feel.

1.) Kolro
2.) It took me about 15 seconds. I had to read it over ~5 times.

I'm not understanding what is around the first 'o', but it appears to me to just be a little design flair.

SiCrane    11839
At first glance I thought it said Kontrol. This obviously isn't the case, but the more I look at it the less sure I an about what it is. Right now I'm thinking Koiro and it took me a couple of minutes to settle on that.

Trapper Zoid    1370
1) Koiro, although I'm unsure about that second glyph and the middle letter looks a bit like a bracket.
2) A few seconds to get to "Koiro", many more pondering whether there's a T in there somewhere.

dbaumgart    576
For myself, I decided in a few seconds that this obviously said "Kolro".

(And regardless of the reading of the letters, I think the hexagon-in-circle composition, the off-grey shades, and the tapering ovoid shapes of this design are quite lovely. I'd even say that the design is too subtle to immediately read to me as a game logo; I mean this in the best possible way.)

redseadragon    130
1)For the first minute I thought it was Kiloro. Now I'm wondering if it might also be Koloro or Kóloro.
2) About 2 minutes- but I still haven't decided which it is.

When I first saw it I thought to myself "Why, that is a logo for a snow boarding game! Or maybe a stylized Celtic-y game!

Although it is difficult to understand the logo, you should be fine as long as you can get the name of the game across through other means (like having a "normal" title at the top of the game box). I believe I have seen this technique used before, I cannot remember where.

kirsis    170
1) Kotlro
2) Had to stare at it for a few seconds

In general, I don't like the logo. It's not very memorable and on a quick glance the letters blend together into vertical lines.

If I hadn't focused on trying to read it, i'd remember it for a few minutes as vertical lines in a circle, then forget it and likely wouldnt remember it even if i saw it again later.

tremault    109
kotiro

it took me about 6 seconds to arrive at that conclusion.

additionally, it looks like a classic car company logo. makes me think of rolls royce or mercees benz.
furthermore, the word 'kotiro' that i got from it doesn't really evoke anything at all. actually feels kinda pretentious.

Hidden
There is big difference between an regular and the best logo design services but most of the people cannot distinguish between the two, they just search for the logo create firm.

[url=http://www.creative-writers.net/]Best Logo Design[/url]