• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webmunkey

Quirky User Input Problem...

This topic is 6355 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I'm working on my first game for c++. It uses directdraw and works fine except I'm having trouble getting the player controls to work correctly. My pictures are setup via pixel arrays, and I use this function- if (KEYDOWN(VK_RIGHT)) { x += 10; } // end if to test if the player is trying to move. The x variable is then updated in my pixel array drawer that looks like this: for (int index = 0; index < 195; index++) { Draw_Pixel(x1[index] + x, y1[index] + 10 + y, rand()%256, (UCHAR *)ddsd.lpSurface, ddsd.lPitch); } // end However, in the game when I press a the right arrow key, my picture goes wacky and creates a large rectangle on the screen. All this is located in the Game Main, so if anyone has any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong, your input would be greatly appreciated... Thanks Oh yea, how do you clear the screen on a DirectX program? Edited by - webmunkey on July 23, 2001 12:40:27 AM

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!