Sign in to follow this  

Concurrency Poll

This topic is 2959 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Herb Sutter (author of Guru of the week) is running a survey on concurrency issues. Lately he's been publishing lots of great articles on concurrency on his blog (to be refined later into a book), and this survey will probably influence the direction he takes later articles in. If anyone here is dealing with multi-threading in their games/engines, it'd be great if you could take his survey, as I'd like to see him write about the kinds of issues us game-coders care about ;) Direct link to survey

Interesting poll.

I like how there's some questions which seem to be there to probe your knowledge in general, kind of like a thermometer to see how serious your answers should be taken lol.

cant wait to see the results (:

Quote:
Original post by Atrix256
Interesting poll.

I like how there's some questions which seem to be there to probe your knowledge in general, kind of like a thermometer to see how serious your answers should be taken lol.

cant wait to see the results (:

Yeah. That's gotta be one of the most technical poll's I've ever seen serious stuff there!
Show how much my concurrency knowledge is lacking, since I couldn't answer 1/2 the questions on there :(

Yeah I'm not sure if he expects everyone to answer all the questions! I felt the same way -- what you describe as a thermometer of knowledge ;)

Maybe if you answer "John McCarthy" for the greatest comp scientist question and "LISP" for all the best language questions he throws your answers in the bin ;D

This topic is 2959 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.