Sign in to follow this  
carpat

Program crashing with new graphics card

carpat    124
I recently changed my graphics card from an NVIDIA 8800 to an ATI 4890. Ever since then my program occasionally (about one out of five times) causes a hard reboot when I exit. I'm having trouble tracing the error because of the reboot; does anyone have any tips on how I should look for the problem? Or have any ideas on what might be the cause? I'm pretty sure that I'm cleaning up my resources properly. Edit: It seems that the crash only occurs when I'm running vlc on another monitor (still only happens occasionally though).

Adam_42    3629
A reboot is almost certainly a driver issue (you'd get a BSOD if you switched it on, but Windows by default just reboots instead). Not much you can do other than make sure you have the latest drivers. If it's still broken with the latest drivers you could try sending ATI some details on how to reproduce it.

I'd also suggest trying the debug runtimes - they will report errors when you're trying to do stuff that the card doesn't support, which will have changed when switching cards.