What are some decent OpenGL bindings/libraries for C#/.NET?

Started by
2 comments, last by bronxbomber92 14 years, 5 months ago
I checked the FAQ and didn't see anything for C# listed. I know of one the Tao Framework. Any recommendations for other libraries (used recently)?
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Advertisement
What you want is OpenTK. Fiddler on these forums is one of the developers (lead? I dunno) and I'm sure he'll jump in here soon enough.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
+1 on OpenTK. Works great with Mono too (there used to be winforms deps but i think those've been weeded out by now).

I've not used Tao myself but based on the FAQ, Tao uses 1:1 OpenGL api, wheras OpenTK tries to C#ify it (which i think is great). See here: http://www.opentk.com/doc/faq
Definitely go with OpenTK, it's actively being developed and much more current than the TaoFramework. I believe OpenTK is up to date with at least OpenGL 3.0 while Tao is still at 2.1 (is Tao even being maintained anymore?).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement