Integrating DX8 code into PR4...

Started by
1 comment, last by Kelvin English 22 years, 8 months ago
Just checking to make sure it''s possible to integrate DX8 code directly into PR4 code...(I''m planning to implement some of those advanced visual effects on nVidia''s DX dev site via low-level DX8 code) In the context of adding DX8 code inside a PR4 app, how conversant in DX8 does one have to be to implement all those effects? Does one have to read the DX8 docs back to back or is it only necessary to study certain parts of it?
Advertisement
sheesh...had intended to append some more comments to the posting prior to mine but didn''t realize i''d somewhat duplicated it under my name. sorry for the confusion folks. :-(
anyways, just to expand on what Melvin brought up in the prior posting, will i have to know DX8 *thoroughly* in order to achieve all those special effects on nvidia''s website?

-cheers all-
Most of the effects are done using vertex or pixel shaders. You''ll need to read the DX8 docs to learn the language used for them.

The vertex and pixel shader code is stored in the object file and edited using PRO Edit. Some of the effect require additional coding, for instance if they use cube maps or need to draw an object more than once.

I think you''ll be able to do most of the effects without needing any DX8 C/C++ calls.
Author of Power Render (http:/www.powerrender.com)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement