Sign in to follow this  
giggleface

"3ds Max 2010 Bible" Book PDF in Black and White

giggleface    100
Hello. I'm hoping someone here who sees this can contact the author of the "3ds Max 2010 Bible", Kelly L. Murdock, and let him know that the PDF of the 3ds Max 2010 Bible is in Black and White. I have been chasing Wiley (the publisher) for the past month back and forth with major concerns with the PDF file on the CD. If you look on the front cover of the 3ds Max 2010 Bible, it claims the book has a "Color, searchable PDF of the book" on the disc. The PDF is in Black and White. The print quality of the book is already in crappy Black and White so the selling point is that the PDF is in color so that the screenshots and diagrams can be seen more clearly. I'm trying to learn 3ds Max for the first time the fact that the PDF is in Black and White is an extreme disappointment. This is the response I got from Wiley, "We apologize for the confusion. The cover of the text is in color but the pages just as the printed book are exactly the same in black and white" and "that this was an error in text. The book itself is not 4 color with the exception of 16 pages of color, therefore the PDF should not be 4 color. We apologize for the inconvenience as this will be corrected in the next printing." One page out of 1300 pages isn't really what I would define as "Searchable, full-color PDF of the book". That's less than 0.1% of the entire book. I bought this book from "Amazon" over a month ago and unfortunately, I have to use it for reference so I'm out of luck for a refund. I also notice the cover for the older 3ds Max 2009 Bible also advertises it comes with a PDF in color. I really wonder how many years the PDF's have actually been in black and white.

dgreen02    1428
I have a copy of "3DS MAX 7 Bible" and it says the exact same message on the cover and the back of the book. I took the CD out of the book and went to the eBook directory, and their 30.5MB .pdf is in full color ... well the text is black and white, but the images are full color ;-) The book is ALL black and white though [ except the a few glossy colored pages showing renderings ]

Hope that helps...somehow.

giggleface    100
Thanks for the response. That's unbelievable. The PDF file on the "3ds Max 2010 Bible" DVD is 276mb but everything - diagrams, screenshots, pictures is in black and white, all except for the front cover that's in color. How can such a large PDF file be in black and white???

I tried opening other PDF files from other places and other PDF files do have color in em so it's obviously nothing wrong with my computer.