Allegro Help

Started by
3 comments, last by Bobby K 22 years, 9 months ago
I just installed Allegro and although I dont know anything yet, I''ve been trying to compile and run the example files, and it does not work. Actually, when I open, say, ex1.c from the example folder, it compiles fine, but when I try to run it, it gives me linker errors. If I try to compile again, it can''t find ex1.c. If anyone knows what I''m doing wrong (because it''s probably something embarrasingly simple), I would appreciate any help. "You told your mother I''''d get ya home, but you didn''''t say I had no car. I saw the lion; he was standing alone, with a tadpole in a jar."
"You told your mother I''d get ya home,but you didn''t say I had no car.I saw the lion; he was standing alone,with a tadpole in a jar."
Advertisement
Your best bet is to go to www.allegro.cc and ask on the forums. One board is there specifically for instalation and setup.

Chris Barry

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

quote:Original post by Bobby K
it compiles fine, but when I try to run it, it gives me linker errors.

No offense, but did you link it with the Allegro libraries to produce an executable? As a beginner it took me a while to figure out multifile projects and how to use libraries. If the linker errors are mostly "unresolved external: blah blah blah", then this is your likely problem.
No, I wasnt getting any ''unresolved external''s. Actually, I got the examples to compile fine now, but I tried to write my own file and compile it and it gave me the same errors I was getting before. I thought I might have messed up by placing the file in another folder, but I moved it to the same folder as the examples and the same thing is happening again.

"You told your mother I''''d get ya home,
but you didn''''t say I had no car.
I saw the lion; he was standing alone,
with a tadpole in a jar."
"You told your mother I''d get ya home,but you didn''t say I had no car.I saw the lion; he was standing alone,with a tadpole in a jar."

Edited by - Bobby K on July 24, 2001 3:32:49 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement