Has anyone seen AI?

Started by
6 comments, last by kd7ike 22 years, 9 months ago
Has anyone seen AI? If you have is it at all thought provoking? Is it worth watching? Does it give any of us an insite into Artificial Intelligence? Anyway, just a thought.
Yo no hablo mucho
Advertisement
hey,
AI = SUCK

It''s basically some cheesy pincochio love story about some kid. Teaches 0 AI info. Don''t waste your money
No kidding!!

Do not see that movie! It was a total waste of my money. It was way to wierd.
I agree with the other posters. Save your money and go to a matinee if anything. It was an odd movie and not really something I personally would want to see again. I had the distinct impression at least two separate times that the movie was over and then it would drag on for another sequence.
What did you expect, a 2 hour long tutorial on how to develop your own neural nets? Give me a break!! No, it had nothing to do with techniques of AI. Rather, the movie was a classic Stanley Kubrick style film which was very dark, very disturbed, and extremely thought provoking. What thoughts?

How far do we go in classifcation of things as alive or human? Is history repeating itself? Will history always repeat itself? These comes from the Flesh Fair scenes.

What are we, as humans, really? Are we any different from the computational musings that we work on? Is our development of "AI" systems merely another recursive step?

I thought it was an extremely good movie. Yes, I was depressed for about 2 days afterward, and yes, it caused me to look deep into my psyche at the parts that I would really rather not address. And, no, it did nothing to advance my understanding of the technical aspects of AI. I didn''t expect it to do so.

-Kirk
I thought it was quite a good movie. It is actually not entirely a Kubrick or Spielberg film. It was a callaboration of both ideas when Kubrick asked Spielberg to finish the development of the movie. He unfortunetly rewrote most of the screenplay to incorperate his own ideas into the film.

Most of you out there probably didnt understand 2001: A Space Odyssey either.

And the point of the movie was not to teach about AI. It was to communicate the issue and problems associated with the invention of AI. The main problem was caused when the actual AI intelligence began to take the place of actual humans in relationships, causing a downfall of society that led to bands of vengeful humans to destroy the AI because they felt put out when the AI took their place.

Indeed it was much thought provoking. And those who did not understand the movie would ultimetly be the ones to take part in the Flesh Fairs.

It is absolutely worth watching, only if you can understnd the deeper meanings of the movie.

The ending is truly ironic...but i shall not give it away for those that have not seen it (hint...hint).

I''m really quit fasinated with AI, and movies like this always intrest me.

(Yes I did know it wouldn''t show me how to make any AI or...considerit I, I was just wondering if it was AI related at all or just a bunch of garbage love story.)

*It was to communicate the issue and problems associated with the invention of AI. The main problem was caused when the actual AI intelligence began to take the place of actual humans in relationships, causing a downfall of society that led to bands of vengeful humans to destroy the AI because they felt put out when the AI took their place.* -thanks, that answered all my questions Curious_George

Yo no hablo mucho
Yo no hablo mucho
It''s now how you think it will be... it was quite bad as movie in whole. If I was warned in such a way I would have gone and seen it anyway, and regretted it =) The main portion of the movie is alright, with some nice graphical effects throughout. Then... comes the end of the movie. Whatever part you THINK is the end, leave the theatre and be semi-satisfied with the movie. Pretend thats the ending and give it 3 stars =)
DO not stay the extra 2 1/2 hours for THEIR ending =D
Bad....

-Phil Crosby
www.philisoft.com
www.graphics-design.com
-Phil Crosbywww.philisoft.comwww.graphics-design.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement