Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stefu

Try out my d3d/ogl/net wrapper racing demo!

Hi Stefu, thanks for testing my game ''Zerone'', ill attempt to fix the title screen and upload it soon so u can test it again.

Ive downloaded your NetRacing game and ill give it a try and post my results when I transfer it to my Geforce based PC (Im on a crappy NEC Classmate at the moment).

Downloads:  ZeroOne Realm

Just played it, looks great, i''d like to see the finished product. Anyway, just thought i''d say it ran pretty smoothly on my machine running max resolution highest depth fullscreen (~60fps) and lowest resolution lowest depth (~110fps). I somehow managed to fall off the side of the track at one point and i was falling down into the void reaching speeds of 600km/h. Dunno if that should be reported as a bug or what, maybe just a hole in the wall of the track. The road texture looks really realistic, i like the various camera angles. The car model needs to be changed well at least it needs to be reskinned. The damage I get when crashing in to a wall is annoying (the tyre blocks my vision) and since you''re making a network game, i''m assuming it''s going to be relying more on an arcade style rather than realism, so I suggest you get rid of the damage or maybe have a powerup that can repair damage. Bleh, you probably already thought about all this.

I''ll test the game network sometime in the near future and tell you how it runs.

-epsilon

Hey stefu,

I ran it on my P2/450 w/GeForce256 though it gave me an error
saying ''take a look at the log'', so I did, GfxInit is ok but
the netlink failed. I ran the game again to select ''single-
player'' mode but its greyed out, and I dont have an Internet
connection on this machine. (Ive tried OpenGL and D3D settings
with no luck);
Does the game run without a connection? Maybe
you could modify it so it runs in single player mode?

Also, my ZeroOne game has been updated to support Voodoo3, if
you have some spare time could u D/L it and test it on your
V3..thanks

Downloads:  ZeroOne Realm

Thanks for testing.

epsilon42:
The main purpose was to know if the graphics works. So the game side is far from ready. I''v already added a lot of things to my todo-list. It''s relly hard to make realistic collisions. It starts to free fall if you drop from the road
I''m not very sure yet what style of driving game I made, so the model was just a crappy car build in few minutes.

SikCiv:
I''m sorry, but currently the demo requires connection. Currently the net wrapper uses DP8. I''m working for SinglePlayer net class that runs without connection. Hopefully it''ll be in next version.